Results Generation is actively seeking a Senior PHP Web Developer who can help to define and implement our next generation infrastructure to handle the rapid growth we are experiencing.
Results Generation is a leading provider of channel monetization solutions operating in Austin, Texas. Our core technology enhances and develops revenue streams for a broad array of clients across the globe. In business since 2006, we are a profitable, self-funded company that retains its startup mentality and drive for growth. We continue to grow rapidly and are looking for high caliber candidates to join our company. We strive to provide our team with a creative and fun work environment.
We have high standards for software development as well as our employees: we develop highly robust, secure and reliable software; our employees are super smart, driven to serve customers and fun to work with. This position does much more than type code in a text file. You will be instrumental in designing, deploying, operating and scaling our software to work with a worldwide infrastructure. We are looking for an enthusiastic, seasoned developers to join our energetic, fast-moving and passionate team.
You should have ALL of the following backgrounds and traits:
- Experience in reading and understanding existing code and systems, finding and utilizing existing patterns for common problems.
- A predilection for improving code, processes through refactoring and automating everything you can
- A burning desire to not reinvent the wheel unless doing so is necessary
- Able to work independently with minimal guidance and comfortable interacting with individuals of both technical and non-technical backgrounds.
- Perform complex development assignments requiring an advanced aptitude of established programming standards, methods, and best practices.
You will do these kinds of things in your first six to twelve months on the job:
- Develop new and exciting features that drive significant improvements for the company
- Become a resource other people come to on how things in our software work
- Improve the design of existing code and eliminate code that is no longer of use
- Write useful unit tests for most of the code you write and some for others
- BS Computer Science, other technical degree or related work experience
- 6+ Years in Object Oriented PHP Development
- 4+ Years in MySQL or other SQL based language
- 3+ Years in Web Development
- 2+ Years in Subversion or GIT
- Solid experience with Linux, basic configuration of LAMP stack, etc.
- Solid understanding of networking fundamentals
- 24×7 availability for production affecting issues
- Strong debugging, profiling and troubleshooting experience
- Exposure to high-volume ESP environments
- Experience with modern development practices
- Experience with optimizing code for high volume traffic
- Experience with other programming languages
- Experience with Rackspace and AWS
- Experience with NGINX, ELK, NewRelic
- Develop new features and bug fixes in a timely manner
- Write well-designed, testable, efficient code using best practices
- Design, develop, unit test and deploy new features
- Investigate and ruthlessly destroy bugs
- Optimize and refactor existing code to improve performance and reliability
- Perform code reviews from contributing developers
- Suggest improvements, security needs, best practices, new technologies, etc.
- Always be working to improve yourself, your work, etc.
- Mentoring junior team members
- Enjoy a fun, casual and collaborative working environment
- Help guide company decisions and direction
- Work with other talented and passionate team members
- Full Medical & Dental, Paid Vacation, 401k
Note: We only accept resumes from principals; recruiters et al need not apply. And applicants must be legally able to work in the US at the time of application.