Results Generation is actively seeking a Senior Linux & Cloud Systems Engineer who can help to define and implement our next generation infrastructure to handle the rapid growth we are experiencing.
Results Generation is a leading provider of channel monetization solutions operating in Austin, Texas. Our core technology enhances and develops revenue streams for a broad array of clients across the globe. In business since 2006, we are a profitable, self-funded company that retains its startup mentality and drive for growth. We continue to grow rapidly and are looking for high caliber candidates to join our company. We strive to provide our team with a creative and fun work environment.
We have high standards for our computer systems as well as our employees: our systems are highly secure, reliable and highly available; our employees are super smart, driven to serve customers and fun to work with. This position does much more than plug computers together or track changes. You will be instrumental in designing, deploying, operating and scaling our infrastructure across the world. We are looking for an enthusiastic, seasoned Linux & Cloud Systems Engineer to join our energetic, fast-moving and passionate team.
You should have most of the following:
- Experience running and maintaining a 24×7 Internet-oriented production environment, preferably across multiple data centers
- Demonstrable expertise specifying, designing and implementing system health, performance monitoring tools and software deployment and management tools for 24×7 environments
- You should have a solid grasp of networking fundamentals, virtualization, automated deployment, load balancers, switches, routers, etc.
You will do these kinds of things in your first six to twelve months on the job:
- Build plan for transition of current platform to be geographically dispersed worldwide to bring technology closer to customers.
- Identify areas of our current platform that need to be modernized, plan and implement strategy.
- Architect a SaltStack-based configuration management infrastructure based on existing custom deployment system.
- Identify further personnel resources needed to implement global infrastructure platform.
- Be on-call as necessary.
- BS Computer Science, other technical degree or related work experience
- 8+ years’ experience with Linux (4 or more with RHEL based)
- 6+ years’ experience scripting in Bash, PHP, or Python
- 4+ years’ experience with systems management, monitoring and automated configuration deployment (Salt Preferred)
- 3+ years’ experience with open cloud environments (AWS, Rackspace, OpenStack, etc), including automation.
- 2+ years’ experience with database technologies (multiple preferred, MySQL required.)
- Solid understanding of networking fundamentals
- Solid understanding and experience with common Linux software (LAMP stack, bind, postfix, nfs, etc.)
- 24×7 availability for production affecting issues
- Strong troubleshooting and root-cause analysis
- Exposure to high-volume ESP environments
- Experience with modern development practices
- Experience with Rackspace, AWS
- Experience with scalyr, NGINX, SaltStack
- Monitor critical systems and take corrective actions prior to failures
- 24×7 availability for production affecting issues, investigating and resolving any issues with follow-up root-cause analysis
- Mentoring junior team members
- Office 365 Exchange administration
- Vendor and contract management, license renewals, etc.
- General Office/IT Troubleshooting Skills – Windows, Mac, Printers, WiFi, etc.
- Enjoy a fun, casual and collaborative working environment
- Help guide company decisions and direction
- Work with other talented and passionate team members
- Full Medical & Dental, Paid Vacation, 401k
Note: We only accept resumes from principals; recruiters et al need not apply. And applicants must be legally able to work in the US at the time of application.