Last Updated: April 2018
Looking after your personal information
We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy and we think it is important that you understand how we look after your personal information and how we make sure that we meet our legal obligations to you under the UK data protection rules.
Who are we?
Austinshire Partners is a trading name of Austinshire Partners LLC. We are a US company and our head office is at 8120 Research Blvd, suite 105-133, Austin, TX 78758.
If you would like more information about us, please contact our Data Protection Officer at Unit 10031, PO Box 6945, London, W1A 6US or at email@example.com.
What information do we collect about you?
We ask you to provide us with your name, address and other contact details. This may be through our website www.austinshirepartners.com if you complete our "Contact Us" form, when you contact us directly by email or by telephone or when you report a problem with our website.
When you register to use our website, subscribe to our service, search for job opportunities or enter a competition, promotion or survey, we may also ask you to provide us with your name, address, email address and phone number, your date of birth, and job interest.
Each time you visit our website we may automatically collect information such as:
- technical information such as the type of device you are using, your IP address (which is the Internet protocol address used to connect your computer to the Internet), the type and version of the web browser you use, browser plug-in types and versions, the operating system and platform you use and your time zone setting;
- information about how you found our website, the pages you looked at on our website and the website you visited when leaving our website (this is the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from the Website) including the date and time of your visit;
- information about your visit, including opportunities, products or services that you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number; and
- your login information.
Where do we get this information from?
Austinshire Partners LLC is part of a group companies. We will receive information about you from other companies in our group if you use any of the other websites which they operate or the other services they provide.
We may also receive information about you from our business partners who provide us with your name, contact details, IP address, job interests and the website you submitted your details to. Our business partners only share your information with us where you have specifically agreed to them sharing it with us.
Why do we ask you to provide us with your information?
If you want to change how you receive marketing information from us or stop receiving it altogether, please:
- email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or
- write to our Data Protection Officer at Unit 10031, PO Box 6945, London, W1A 6US
We collect information about your visit to our website to:
- ensure that the content is presented in the most effective manner for you and your device
- allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so
- measure or understand the effectiveness of adverts we deliver to you and other users and to make sure that the advertising we deliver to you is relevant to you
- make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of the Website about goods or services that may interest you or them
- administer our website, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes and
- help us keep our website safe and secure
We collect this information on the basis that you have given your consent for us to do so.
Where we receive information about you from our business partners, we will use that information to provide you with the information, products and services that you have told our business partners you are interested in receiving from us, such as emails regarding job opportunities and news available through our website.
Our software will also apply algorithms to the information we hold about you to help us identify which adverts we think will be most relevant to you.
Do I have to provide you with my information? What happens if I don't?
No, you don't have to provide us with your information.
If you don't provide us with your name and contact details, we will not be able to respond to your enquiry.
If you don't provide us with the technical information about your visit to our website, our website may not work properly on your device and you may not be able to access all the features of our website.
Who do we share your information with?
We will share your information with the other members of our group of companies.
We use a number of carefully selected third parties to supply us with products and services, such as software for managing our business, hosting our databases and collecting payment information. We also use analytics and search engine providers to help us improve and optimise our website. We will only share your information with our suppliers where it is necessary for them to provide us with the services we need.
We also share information with advertisers and advertising networks which deliver adverts to you
However, we do not share information that can identify you with our advertisers and advertising networks; we only share anonymous information about our users which has been aggregated for the purposes of statistical analysis. For example, we may share with them the fact that 500 men aged under 30 clicked on their advert on any given day. We may also use such anonymous aggregated information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target. We may make use of the information we have collected from you to enable us to display our advertiser's adverts on our website to that target audience.
If you have agreed to receive marketing communications from our named third party partners, we will share your information with those specific third parties
We will also share your information with third parties where:
- we are required to do so in order to comply with our legal obligations or the requirements of a regulatory authority
- we buy or sell any business or assets in which case we may share your information with the prospective buyer or seller of such business or assets
- we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case the information we hold about you will be one of the assets acquired by the third party buyer
- we believe, in good faith, that it is necessary to protect our rights, property, safety or reputation or the rights, property, safety or reputation of any of our customers or partners.
Where is my information stored?
The information we collect about you may be transferred to and stored outside the European Economic Area (EEA), in particular in the United States of America. It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers.
We have notified the Information Commissioner's Office (the ICO) that information may be transferred outside the EEA. We comply with the provisions of the Data Protection Act 1998 and the General Data Protection Regulation to ensure that adequate protection is provided to any personal data which we store or process outside the EEA
Where we share information with our suppliers or trusted third party partners who transfer or process the data outside the EEA, we make sure that your information is protected by only transferring it to third parties who will also look after it. These third parties have legal obligations to protect your information as we require them to enter a legal agreement with us which incorporates the model contract clauses which have been approved by the European Commission and the ICO as providing an adequate level of protection to your information.
How do we keep your information secure?
All information which you provide to us is stored on our secure servers.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of the Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
How long do we keep your information for?
We only keep your information for as long as it is needed to provide you with the services you have requested.
Can I access my information?
Yes, you have a right to access the personal information which we hold about you by contacting our Data Protection Officer at Unit 10031, PO Box 6945, London, W1A 6US or at email@example.com. You may also ask us to make any necessary changes to that information to make sure that it is accurate and up to date.
You may also ask us to stop or restrict our processing or delete your personal information or to transfer your personal information to a third party in certain circumstances.
What if I have a complaint?
If you have a complaint, please contact our Data Protection Officer at Unit 10031, PO Box 6945, London, W1A 6US or at firstname.lastname@example.org, in the first instance, so that they can do their very best to sort out the problem
You can also contact the Information Commissioner's Office at Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF. http://www.ico.org.uk.
If you have a complaint, please contact our Data Protection Officer at +44 (0) 8081 890472, Unit 10031, PO Box 6945, London, W1A 6US or at email@example.com, in the first instance, so that they can do their very best to sort out the problem